The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

Written answers

Tuesday, 12 July 2016

Photo of Clare DalyClare Daly (Dublin Fingal, United Left)
Link to this: Individually | In context

222. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills if he is concerned that in its updated guidelines on applying for services, dated June 2016, Caranua has indicated to survivors that an audit will be undertaken if the survivors do not supplyCaranua with receipts for all services paid for by Caranua; and his views on whether this approach is an appropriate one for the board of a residential institutional statutory fund to take with survivors. [20474/16]

Photo of Richard BrutonRichard Bruton (Dublin Bay North, Fine Gael)
Link to this: Individually | In context

As I have explained to the Deputy in response to previous Parliamentary Questions,Caranua is an independent statutory body established pursuant to the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Act 2012 to support the needs of survivors of residential institutional child abuse. Administrative and operational issues such as those raised in the Deputy's question are day to day matters that are the responsibility of Caranua itself and I have no role in those matters. If the Deputy has specific concerns in regard to aspects ofCaranua's operations she should raise them directly with the organisation.

Views: 194

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pass the buck as per usual, i might have some interesting information on audits but i am waiting on permission to post. Caranua has no business auditing abuse victims, surely this is more wastage of the fund, along with payments to towards healing and 20k a pop luxury hotel meetings and god knows what else.

Fair play to you boy 

This Idiot Bruton has one line for everything seemingly, which he sticks to, No matter What question is asked of him! What an Utter Excuse of a Being! Utterly Useless in every form!

Not "Independent"

"the organisation"

I have just got a reply back to a question asked about having my teeth cleaned and check-up etc. and was advised to send in an estimate of the cost directly to caranua, to be fair they are answering me, but getting an estimate on an exam of your teeth is a little difficult for the dentist to determine until after x-rays which cost also in order to give an estimate. Teeth cleaning is not expensive but who knows what an x-ray will add to the cleaning, bad tooth, or anything else, seems a little ludicris to me.

Hi Seanie even if you pay for xrays yourself caranua will still try and weasel out of paying, i sent them in a receipt for a dental consultation they refused to pay because the receipt wasnt made out in the exact manner they require

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service