The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

Good to meet a couple of you at the Sham meeting held by Caranua yesterday. Myself and several of the survivors were very upset in the manner we were treated by Mary Higgins.  She wouldn't even look at me when I was talking to her and I was told by another survivor she had the same treatment.  One survivor phoned me this morning saying she couldn't sleep last night because of the impact this woman who is being paid out of our money treated her. One adviser is leaving because he is unable to help the survivors to get funding for their requirements as he put it "his hands are tied and the goal posts are being changed all the time".  Anyone interested in joining us to write a letter to the minister informing him of our concerns.  Mary Higgins definitely has her favourites I saw it for myself and I bet their funding has not been cut off.

Thank You for Reading!

This thread should be read in conjunction with

A Message to ALL Survivors of the Industrial Schools

a lengthy discussion of Caranua and how Survivors feel about it!

While you can read this as a Public Post
only Members can comment!

Click <Here> to Sign up?

Views: 264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isolation is a common experience and silence .... Divide and rule?  

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL US THE TRUTH HOW MANY SURVIVORS TURNED UP and WHAT WAS THE TOTAL FEELING AS A WHOLE? MEANWHILE HERE IS THE WAGES YOU AND ME HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR ABUSE OF OUR CHILDHOOD AND WE WERE NOT REPRESENTED LEGALLY ON THIS FUND  IF WE ALL JOINED UP TOGETHER ON HERE AND PROTEST THIS ILLEGAL ACTION BY THE MINISTERS RESPONSIBLE WE MUST ALSO DEMAND THEUR RESIGNATION AS TRUSTED POLITICIANS AND HAVE THEM SHAMED FOR THEFT https://survivorswhostandtogether.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/img_0...

THIS WAS OUR COMPENSATION they invented this fund as the Religious and still no answer as to why we have to pay this is ILLEGAL THEFT and further abuse of our rights regarding HEALING OF OUR FAMILIES they forced us as the Ethnic Minority where the Majority of us do not even have families to support one another as Quinn admitted before the people of Ireland as he said the STATE is ALSO GUILTY as so did many Ministers but no Minister to date has come to the aid of rotecting survivors rights to healing justice health and welfare needs not one so APOLOGY oh that 50 50  deal and everything means tested on personal scales because you have money you are not intitled to ????? oh those Groups??? sorry SATE FUNDED to RULE SURVIVORS  and the CARANUA well you have to pay the wages for all the time we spent on cleaning up this Embarrassment we caused you all so thank you now go away all of you , we used you survivors to take over the schools and control even more soon we will claim donations as Government run

I totally agree with you Robert! I am in Ireland and feel the very same as you about this shocking scandal and the way us survivors have been abused all over again by these people!! Barbara

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service