The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

For a child,home can be a place of safety & love,or a living hell...

For sixteen years Ken and Patrick Doyle's home was a place of suffering.Behind the doors of their ordinary,three bedroom home they were subjected to every kind of deprivation and humiliation at the hands of the one person who should have loved and protected them-their own mother. Stripped naked and savagely beaten,locked up for days on end,the two young boys were singled out from their siblings for a catalogue of abuse.Their mother beat them.starved them and even forced them both out to steal for her.But despite numerous official reports of abuse from social workers garda and health boards their suffering continued ...

Ken & Patrick tell the horrifying story of their childhood and how they survived it.

Views: 2039

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Ken.  in 'care' if ran away to escape abuse the gaurds brought you back to the abusers and punished even more!

Yes corporate "care" where you were worth money.

yes per head and it was torture.

hello Catherine. Much Appreciated. Saving Your Post To Me Here.  I Will See If I Can Work It Out.  Thanks!

hello Catherine.  i need digest!  ah. i see. i get it. i think. foi is only for general public. not for say my personal records. right?  

Exactly Jack.

I understand how difficult it is after all the run around you have had.

The data commissioner can work on your behalf if there are any excuses and even take the depts to court and fine them.

thanks Catherine.  i will keep an eye here and make sense of and see how i can proceed. 

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service