The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

As you can see below they are starting to debate issues Close to Our heart!
The link below is form this week in the Dail.

http://bit.ly/93Hg13

If you live in the Republic then you should write, email, Telephone or Meet You "Elected Representative"?

Below is an email sent to Kathleen Lynch; she was speaking up for the Magdalene's!!

Sent: 18 October 2010 18:09
To: 'kathleen.lynch@oireachtas.ie'
Subject: Your Support?

Dear Kathleen,

I have today read your contribution to the Dáil debate; Thursday, 7 October 2010 via http://www.kildarestreet.com/debate/?id=2010-10-07.155.0&c=297#c297
I can only commend you for your support of the “Maggies”! They have a worthy and just cause!

The Consultation Mary Coughlan Refers to is with Government Paid Representatives of Survivors Right of Place "Et All" I understand that Noel Barry is no longer in residence however the Per Capita Funding that they Use as their mandate is still in Place?

This I believe is part of the Moral Bankruptcy of the Government; I hope that you don’t think that I am making Light but the Magdalene’s are in quite a strong position The R.IR.B. Act took advantage of the situation at the time and paid lip service to Compensation, Michael Woods assured his place in Heaven by protecting the Catholic Churches Breach of Contact over the care of Children! (Had the Irish Government sued on this alone and had ALL the Monies Refunded
there might have been a better Deal for Survivors of the Industrial School System?).

It is a matter of time before they will have to admit culpability!

The depravation of the Human Rights of the Maggies in the European Court of Human Rights would be an excellent Publicity Vehicle? And may bring additional pressure to bear?

The only reason that they started investigating the Industrial Schools is because they wanted to join Europe! Other than this
who knows; the institutions may still be running??

The Survivors of the Industrial Schools have 2 problems

1. They have been dealt with! And signed an agreement to that end!!!
  2. They have been Represented by Right Of Place “ET ALL” So their voice was ignored for years!

These People hold lists that I cannot access; we are under 50 in membership at the moment but growing slowly?

All the Support organisations are “Jealously Guarding” their Government Cash, WE are divided by what unites US! The Government have used their funding Wisely!!

God Bless the Struggle of the Maggies!

I hope that will not make the same mistakes that have befallen the Survivors of the Industrial Schools?

It leaves such a bitter taste!

The Shame of Ireland is currently under development; we are testing “Live Voting” The first “Live Vote” is

I Agree with Adding the Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries to the Shame Of Ireland Objectives?

When I first started on YahooGroups they were not included, when I moved to Facebook I added them; now we have our own site I need the Members to vote to accept the change and to ”VOTE”  adopt the Aims and Objective I have foisted uponthem!

Democracy is hard work, But we will get there!

I gave Fergus O’Dowd the opportunity to embarrass Brian Cowen and Mary Coughlan over unanswered correspondence from Survivors; As far as I am aware he has not taken this opportunity?

If you feel that you would like to step where “Angels Fear to Tread” I can forward you Correspondence that will show them for what they are; it also shows so called “Survivors Groups” in their true light!

If you would like to know anymore about the “Shame of Ireland” or embarrass Brian Cowen (not that he needs any help)?

Please let me know?

Yours Sincerely

Rob Northall

Founder of the “Shame of Ireland”

I do not represent anyone as we can not vote on “Spokes people” until we have a core membership worthy of not (i.e. 100).

When we do we will have what no other group can deliver “Representation Without Leadership”!

I appologise for the abreviation of the Magdalenes as I now understand it is Offensive? but felt that to edit something that had already been sent would lack "Transparency"!

Kathleen Lynch is the Labour TD for Cork, if you are a constituent of hers feel free to contact her in regards to this email (she has sent a read reciept with regard to this).

If you Do write feel free to sign as a Member of the Shame of Ireland, but as I did please state that you do not Represent any one!

In future I will be signing Corespondence in this manner (but will drop the "Founder" Part; it sounds a bit to Egotistical for my liking!

Views: 1399

Replies to This Discussion

As can be seen from the emails bellow I have made a Formal Complaint against Ruairi Quinn

Sent: 04 August 2011 13:07
To: 'Sean Barrett'
Subject: FW: cs_formal_complaint_form

Sent: 15 July 2011 16:16
To: 'ceann.comhairle@oireachtas.ie'
Cc: 'Paddy Doyle'; 'Mr A King '
Subject: FW: cs_formal_complaint_form

Dear Mr, Barrett,

I cannot believe that it is part of the due process of you Government that Government Ministers are allowed to ignore Correspondence?

I have a similar Complaints against the Office of the Taoiseach and the Office of Minister for Education and Skills where Correspondence has been ignored since 1st June 2010

I trust that you are the correct person to lodge this complaint with and hope to get a full and frank reply to my ignored Correspondence by return

Yours sincerely

Robert Northall

XX XXXXXXX

XXXX XXXXX

Swansea

SA3 5PL

Department of the Taoiseach,

Government Buildings,

Upper Merrion Street,

Dublin 2

15th July 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

In accordance with Section 7 of the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003, I wish to request access to the following records which I believe to be held by your office.

Documentation and Correspondence between your office and me since 1st June 2010 (the first ignored letter).

I would also like an answer to all correspondence sent?

My preferred form of access to the aforementioned records is to receive copies from your office by post.

I await your reply.

Yours sincerely.

Robert Northall.

Sent: 15 July 2011 15:33
To: 'complaints@education.gov.ie'
Subject: cs_formal_complaint_form

Formal Complaint Form

If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been dealt with at the point of service, you can make a formal complaint to the Department’s Customer Services Office.

Name:              ROBERT NORTHALL

Address:          14 GONHILL WEST CROSS SWANSEA SA3 5PL 

Phone Number     0441792 600XXX                                Email               ROB.NORTHALL@NTLWORLD.COM 

School/Roll Number if applicable                Date                 15 JULY 2011 

Name of Section involved       MINISTERS OFFICE 

Name(s) of staff involved, if know      RAIURI QUINN 

Details of your complaint (copy of relevant information can be attached)

IGNORING EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE AND NOT ANSWERING FULLY     

What steps have you taken to resolve your complaint with the section?

REPEATEDLY ASKED FOR A REPLY

Please explain why you are dissatisfied with the response

IT IS RUDE AND IN BREACH OF YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE CHARTER

Correspondence/Email
When contacted by letter or e mail we aim to:

• Reply to correspondence/email, where possible within 15 days.
• If this is not possible provide an interim reply indicating when the matter will be finalised
• Communicate clearly providing you with a full response to your query.

Any further relevant information

XX XXXXXXX

XXXX XXXXX

Swansea

SA3 5PL

Department of Education and Skills

Marlborough Street

Dublin 1

Eire

15th July 2011

Dear Sir/Madam,

In accordance with Section 7 of the Freedom of Information Acts 1997 and 2003, I wish to request access to the following records which I believe to be held by your office.

Documentation and Correspondence between your office and me (Robert Northall) and Mr. Paddy Doyle which confirms our Petitions with gave Signatures against the Statutory Trust Fund.

My preferred form of access to the aforementioned records is to receive copies from your office by post.

I await your reply.

Yours sincerely.

Robert Northall.

When completed please send to:

Change Management Unit

As you can see they are actually taking me Seriously!!!

AT LAST!!!

From: McDonnell, Deirdre [mailto:Deirdre_McDonnell@education.gov.ie]
Sent: 16 August 2011 11:37
To: Rob. Northall; ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.ie
Cc: JIMMY; Mr A King
Subject: RE: Formal Complaint made to the Department of Education and Skills dated 15th JUly 2011

Dear Mr Northall,

As I outlined in my recent letter to you, I am of the opinion that the response you received on the 26th April 2011 dealt with the issues you raised in correspondence received in the Minister's Office prior to your formal complaint, including the correspondence forwarded from the Taoiseach's Office.

The correspondence that was forwarded from Minister Alan Shatter's Office was received in this Department on the 28th July and therefore is not covered by your formal complaint which was received on the 15th July.    I understand that a reply is being prepared in relation to the issues raised in correspondence received since your formal complaint was made and a reply will issue to you in the coming days (this will cover the correspondence forwarded by Minister Shatter's Office, Deputy Joan Collins and Minister Burton).   As requested below, I will ask that the issue of the petition and the statutory fund are also dealt with more fully in the letter being prepared.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Regards

Deirdre McDonnell

Principal Officer

Corporate Services

Department of Education and Skills

Marlborough Street

Dublin 1

DDI + 353 1 889 6790

Sent: 16 August 2011 11:00
To: McDonnell, Deirdre; ombudsman@ombudsman.gov.ie
Cc: 'JIMMY'; Mr A King
Subject: Formal Complaint made to the Department of Education and Skills dated 15th JUly 2011

F.AO. Deidre McDonnell and the Ombudsman

Thank you for your Letter dated12 August 2011

The Submission of the Petition against the Statutory Fund dated 12th April 2011 is not the only correspondence that Mr Quinn should have replied to?

His response to this was dismissive to say the least!

There was Correspondence that I sent to Enda Kenny that was forwarded for his attention

There is also correspondence that Alan Shatter thought was within Mr Quinn’s Remit which again was forwarded?

There are also other emails from myself that I sent to Mr Quinn that remain unanswered, (including my reminder of Labour pre-election Promise).

In light of the above facts I am not happy with the way in which this complaint has been dealt with and would like the Office of the Ombudsman to secure a reply to ALL Correspondence?

A fuller Response to the Submission of the Petitions against the Statutory Trust Fund would also be appreciated?

Regards Rob Northall

***************************************************************************************************************
The contents and any attachment of this e-mail are private and confidential.
They are intended only for the use of the intended addressee.If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are notified that any copying, forwarding, publication, review or delivery of this e-mail
or any attachments to anyone else or any other use of its contents is strictly prohibited.You are
prohibited from reading any part of this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the system manager. Unauthorised disclosure or communication or other use of
the contents of this e-mail or any part thereof may be prohibited by law and may constitute a criminal
offence. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure.The Minister for Education and Skills does not
accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent. Unless stated to the contrary,
any opinions expressed in this message are personal to the author and may not be attributed to the Minister
for Education and Skills.
WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. While this e-mail has been swept for the presence of
computer viruses, you are requested to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment.
The Minister for Education and Skills accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by
software viruses transmitted by this e-mail.
***************************************************************************************************************

I have included Jimmy who was a Member of the Shame of Ireland in the cc Iist and Mr Albert King both of who are respected Activists in Our Cause.

As you can see by the Stern Legal Reminder that I may be breaking the Law Sharing this Correspondence

Sent: 16 August 2011 13:38
To: 'Enquiries_Mail-In@ombudsman.gov.ie'
Subject: RE: Formal Complaint made to the Department of Education and Skills dated 15th JUly 2011

Thank you for your Reply

As you point out I will wait

Who is the body responsible for the actions of elected representatives?

Regards Rob

From: Mary_Byrne@ombudsman.gov.ie [mailto:Mary_Byrne@ombudsman.gov.ie] On Behalf Of Enquiries_Mail-In@ombudsman.gov.ie
Sent: 16 August 2011 13:23
To: rob.northall@ntlworld.com
Subject: Formal Complaint made to the Department of Education and Skills dated 15th JUly 2011

Dear Mr. Northall

I refer to your email of today's date which was sent to Deirdre McDonnell and to the Office of the Ombudsman. It appears from this email that you have been in correspondence with Ms. McDonnell and I note that Ms. McDonnell has replied to your most recent email today.

For your information, the Ombudsman may examine complaints concerning the administrative actions of bodies, that is to say decisions and  procedures, to establish whether these may have been taken improperly or unfairly and where it appears that these have had an adverse effect on the person complaining.  Where it is found that a body may have acted in a manner that is contrary to sound administrative practice, the Ombudsman may recommend that an appropriate response should be made.  In general however where it appears that the body complained of is acting correctly, within the appropriate legislative provisions, and there is no evidence of maladministration, it is not open to the Ombudsman to pursue a complaint. It is also not within the remit of this Office to examine the actions of elected representatives.

It is not clear from your email what your complaint refers to however, as the Department is still dealing with this matter, I suggest that you allow it the opportunity to reply further to your more recent correspondence as set out in Ms. McDonnell's reply to you.

Yours sincerely,

Mary Byrne
Enquiries Unit

Attention:
This e-mail is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author.

Tabhair aire:
Tá an r-phost seo faoi phribhléid agus faoi rún. Mura tusa an duine a bhí beartaithe leis an teachtaireacht seo a fháil, scrios é le do thoil agus cuir an seoltóir ar an eolas. Is leis an údar amháin aon dearcaí nó tuairimí a léirítear.

PRESS RELEAE FOR IMMEDIATE USE

Minister at the Centre of Departmental Complaint Procedure and Breaks Election Promise

The Minister for Education and Skills is at the Centre of complaint he is currently being investigated for ignoring Correspondence.

It all started in July 2010 when the concerned husband of a Survivor of the Industrial School System wrote to the Then Taoiseach Brian Cowen, after getting no response from emailing Survivors Groups about the rumour of Further Contributions from Religious Orders.

The Taoiseach Acknowledged receipt of the “Corresondence” and passed it on to the then Minister for Education and Skills Mary Coughlan for her to “Respond directly to it”. She did not!

After repeated request for the Taoiseach to get a response, and the revelation of the Government plans to set up a Statutory Trust Fund the Husband of the distressed Survivor started a petition to get the “Statutory Trust Fund dissolved and the Money Paid to the Victims.”

Another Activist on behalf of Survivors also set up a petition “Justice for Irish Survivors of Child Abuse” the Petition deals with many issued affecting the Treatment of Survivors and the Groups that purport to represent them and ends with “This is another reason why the Trust Fund is not needed, and not required by the majority of Survivors for further Redress of the Victim/Survivor, and should be shared out between them in the only fair way that they have indicated, directly to them, and not by the proposed Trust Fund.”

The “Consultation Process” on the “Statutory Trust Fund” went ahead with the Assistance of Survivors Groups.

With the change of Government came a fresh opportunity to Challenge the “Trust Fund” and a pre-election promise was obtained from the Labour Party.

An email was sent to Michael Mc Loughlin of the Labour Party by Mr Albert King an extract appears Bellow

“As you may well appreciate victims of institutional child abuse know all about “being under a lot of time pressure” especially over the last 11 to 12 years dealing with the State and the Religious Orders including the Redress Board, the Ryan Commission, Solicitors, the Vaccine Trials, Education Finance Board, and many other departments in relation to “Survivors Concerns and Issues”.

1. However, are you are saying in your e-mail copied below that the Labour Party will revisit the Proposed Institutional Child Abuse Bill 2009 if the Labour Party is elected as the next Government?

2. If the Labour Party is elected will they revisit the Proposed Statutory Trust Fund because it’s quite clear that the majority of survivors are against it in its present form?

3. If the Labour Party is elected will they also revisit the many concerns and issues they have received over several years from survivors at home and abroad in relation to their complaints against the aforementioned bodies?”

His Response was “The answer to the 3 questions is Yes. Ruairi Quinn has done a lot of work in this area and our bill, we believe, illustrates our continuing committment on the issue.”

Emails where again sent to the new Taoiseach and again forwarded to the new Minister for Education and Skills Ruairi Quinn for him to respond to although acknowledgement of the receipt of these email forwarded by Enda Kenny where received no further correspondence has been received.

On July 15th a formal complaint was made To the Department of Education and Skills regarding the Continued Ignoring of Correspondence by Ruairi Quinn.

This was carried out and the response to date was that Mr Quinn’s glib response to the Submission of the Petition against the Statutory Trust Fund was a sufficient response?

Where as all other correspondence still remains unanswered the Complainant Rob. Northall has been informed by letter that “if you are not satisfied with how this complaint has been dealt with” he can “contact the Office of the Ombudsman”

The lack of Correspondence leaves many Questions unanswered

Why has RauiriQuinnTD dismissed 713 Signatures against the Statutory Trust Fund

@ Petition 1

and Petition 2 ?

When the responses to the Consultation process are fewer?

Responses Received to Public Consultation

2.1 The public consultation process elicited 258 individual responses, received as follows:

· Telephone Responses: 135

· Written/e-mail submissions from individuals: 103

· Written/e-mail submissions from organisations: 20

Many of the things Survivor asked for in the Consultation Process have been ignored?

Children and Grand Children of Survivors have been removed from the NEW Fund but where included in the “Education Finance Board”?

Why Have Labour Broken their Pre-Election Promise?

Mr Northall was concerned that “Midland Survivors Services (Coventry UK) Stated quite Clearly in their April 2011 News letter that they are awaiting for the Second half of this year Funding from the Statutory Trust Fund!”

He Added “Was this the reason they took part in the “Consultation Process” and refused to pass objections from Survivors to the Idea of the Statutory Fund? This is OUTRAGEOUS! They are applying to a Fund that does not exist!!

“The Bill has not been read yet and is not Law it appears to circumvent the Legal Process of Government”

Mr Northall will of course exercise his right to Contact the Office of the Ombudsman if satisfactory answers are not forthcoming.

ENDS

Latest Reply Regarding the Formal Complaint Against the Minister for Education and Skills Apologies for the late Posting

From: Gilligan, Roseann [mailto:Roseann_Gilligan@education.gov.ie] On Behalf Of Minister for Education & Skills
Sent: 17 August 2011 16:56
To: Robert Northall
Subject: 1102130/1102417

17  August 2011

PLEASE QUOTE REF NUMBER ON ALL CORRESPONDENCE

Our Ref: 1102130 /1102417 

Dear Mr. Northall,

The Minister for Education and Skills, Mr. Ruairí Quinn T.D., has asked me to refer to your recent e-mails regarding the proposed Statutory Fund to support the needs of survivors of residential abuse, the funding and activities of certain support centres for survivors of abuse and related matters.

As you are aware, following the announcement of the proposal to utilise €110 million of the contributions being offered by the religious congregations to establish a Statutory Fund to support the needs of survivors, this Department undertook a detailed consultation process.  Meetings were held with survivor representatives, religious congregations and other interested parties.  In addition, over 250 individual responses were received in response to newspaper advertisements which invited views on the specific needs facing survivors and how the Fund could operate to assist in meeting those needs. You of course contributed your views to the consultation process in your e-mail of 27 August 2010.

The consultation process identified a range of views in relation to the establishment of a Statutory Fund including some views that the money should just be paid directly to former residents. However it also highlighted the fact that survivors continue to have many needs such as housing, medical services, etc. A copy of the report summarising the comments received as part of the consultation process is attached for your information. This can also be found on the Department's website at the following link:

http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?maincat=&pcategory=10861&...

Having given careful consideration to the views received as part of the consultation process the Government decided to proceed to establish the Statutory Fund. The draft General Scheme setting out the main features of the Bill providing for the Fund’s establishment is available on this Department’s website and any comments/submissions made on the Scheme would be welcome and will be considered.  It is the intention that the draft Bill itself will be published in the autumn and enacted by the end of the year.

In relation to support centres for survivors and former residents of institutions, in a Press Release dated 5th July last, the Minister for Education and Skills indicated that “As responsibility for information for survivors will also be taken on by the Statutory Fund, funding of survivor groups by the Department will cease.”  This Department provides limited funding to groups including Right of Place, Cork for an information and referral service and the allocation of funding to groups is not based on the number of members affiliated to any one particular group. Funding provided to Right of Place is administered through the Cork City VEC and the service of a co-ordinator is engaged to monitor and oversee this funding.  The Department does not fund Aislinn and funding provided by the Health Service Executive (HSE) to Aislinn and Right of Place is a matter for that organisation. Issues such as the compliance, or otherwise, with statutory requirements are the responsibility of other State agencies. For example, the Office of the Revenue Commissioners has a role in ensuring that bodies which have been granted charitable tax exemption comply with any necessary requirements. It is noted that you have already been in contact with the Charities Section of the Revenue Commissioners in regard to this matter. The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner is the State agency responsible for upholding the rights of individuals as set out in the Data Protection Acts, and enforcing the obligations upon data controllers. You may wish to consider raising your concerns in regard to the operation of the centres in regard to membership lists, etc with the Commissioner’s office. 

I trust that this information is of assistance. 

Yours sincerely,

Ronnie Ryan

Private Secretary 

Even though I sent the Press Release out to a very large number of the Media in Eire and the U.K. There are no takers to date. I am not giving up!

With regard to the "Unanswered Correspondence" there is still the Emails forwarded by Enda Kenny for the attention of the Minister of Education Unanswered?

Still no reply from the Revenue Commissioners, or the Minister in Charge of them; I shall start a formal complaint against them next.

Hi Rob thank you for all the information regarding the Statutory Fund.I would have attend the meeting in the Irish Centre had I know sooner.After the bank holiday will give them a ring and try to find out some information.Take care.

Thank you Catherine, as I said the Email only landed in my In box that Morning

The Newsletter can be read at the Following Link

http://shameofireland.co.uk/xn/detail/5172640:Comment:44901

I have today sent the following Email individually addressed to every TD as I promised Albert King I would

16th November 2011

Dear Eamon Gilmore, TD,
I find myself writing to you out of sheer Frustration I have for some time been in Contact with the Minister for Education and Skills with regard to the Statutory Trust Fund. In Spite of providing him with 2 Petitions against the Statutory Trust Fund and Enda Kenny forwarding Correspondence addressed to the Taoiseach for Rauri Quinn to Respond to.
I even made a formal Complaint against the Minister for Education for ignoring Correspondence but all I got in return was political waffle and that the Fund was going ahead in spite of the Fact that Most Survivors are Against the Fund.
I have neither had a satisfactory Answer as to why the 2 Petitions have been ignored; nor a Response to the 2 emails Addressed to the Taoiseach. One of these Petitions Highlighted the Position of Survivors Group Leaders on the Statutory Trust Fund.
I have pressed Enda Kenny to ask his Minister to respond or Answer himself, this too has been ignored!
The Education Fund for Survivors was extremely unresponsive and arduous, and this is to be the model of the Statutory Trust Fund?
The Labour Party made a Pre Election Promise to the Survivors of the Industrial Schools, which it has since broken!
The Minister for education and Skills is still ignoring Correspondence relating to the Statutory Trust Fund and Labour Broken Pre-Election Promise.
I have attached below Correspondence between Albert King and the Minister for Education and Skills (the Attachment he refers to appears bellow).
I ask that you assist Survivors in getting the New Government to uphold Labours Pre-Election Promise and get Albert King and me, full and frank responses to our email Correspondence?
I also ask that you vote down the Statutory Trust Fund when it comes to read in the Dail?
If you require any more information please do not hesitate to ask me? I would be Grateful if you would reply to both me and Albert King,
Thank you.

Yours sincerely

Rob Northall

Sent: 15 November 2011 12:12
To:

Subject:
FW: Lack of Response.

To:
'MINISTER@education.gov.ie'; 'ruairi.quinn@oireachtas.ie'; 'Orourkeg@education.gov.ie'; 'Susan_Read@education.gov.ie'
Subject:
Lack of Response.

Dear Ruairi Quinn TD, Minister for Education and Skills,

Would you be as kind to let us know how things are progressing in relation to our e-mails in the above attachment?

We are surprised by your lack of response in relation to the aforementioned considering the fact that when you were the Labour Party Spokesperson for Education and Science you stated to us in an e-mail dated 9th July 2009 as follows: “I think the Government has shown it is dominated by the Civil Service, has no political imagination or courage of its own and is just drifting without direction.

Therefore, we expect a response in due course.

Yours sincerely,

Albert King on behalf of Mary. (victim of institutional child abuse).

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service