The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 7556

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

These people just don't want to talk to us Jack, they've made a mockery out of this money and hopefully will come out of the other side with egg on their faces x

Hello Elizabeth!    Not Much If Anything At All Has Changed  .. The Abuse Continues!   The Established Irish  Political Partys Each Have Presided Over Many Decades Of Serial Child Abuse. Certain Types Of People Join Political Partys Seeking Protection For Their Child Abuse Crimes. 

One day Jack......it will turn on them and bite them hard, the current people in charge are still continuing to abuse us all. 

They seem to have adopted the thought that we're all stupid.

Hope you are well x

Divide And Rule Works  ....

Jack, how do you relate your Quote to elizabeths attempt on our behalf ., and my mail to you. just asking. I have long experence of committees, big and small, I know how to slow things up also, just form a committee, get a sub committee together, who get ideas going and report back to the chair, we had a trust when we worked in animal welfare, so we could make decisions over the phone, so was able to get things done, without all the b*** It is not rocket science to know that for mail to be effective it must be coordinated, liz, if I may call her so, has done a lot, lets see were it goes. Re devide and rule, not on my watch. There is a quote, not sure were I saw it. The meek will inheret the earth if that is ok with everyone else. 

Divide And Rule Tactics Work To Keep People Who Should Be United Far From It! 

I totally agree Jack.....silence us first of all, then attempt to keep us all away from each other x

Yes Indeed Elizabeth  And It Works A Trick!

Ireland can never be free while victims and or survivors are still suffering.  It has been said that because of the remains found in Tuam the Mental Institutions can not be looked at as it may open the flood gates...My Goodness ...By leaving out the Mental Institutions in Judge Murphy`s inquiry is it not sending out the wrong message to child abusers that as long as you molest a girl in a mental Home in Ireland that's OK the Judiciary will ignore sexual assault allegations.

Rosaleen

Chairperson of Templemore Forgotten Victims

There was nothing wrong with me mentally I was locked away under the Emergency Powers in Ireland because my relatives joined the British Army...While there I suffered starvation, physical and sexual assault, neglect and a breach of my Human Rights...Shame on the Judges Murphy and Ryan for being so shy.

Beautifully Expressed Doctor!  

Well Said!!! Doctor

Hi All This was in the Irish Examiner today!

By Conall Ó Fátharta

Irish Examiner Reporter

The Catholic Church has been accused of being “in the propaganda business” over its refusal to pay 50% of a redress scheme for victims of abuse.

Quinn: Church hard-nosed over redress

Former education minister Ruairí Quinn issued a scathing attack on the Church — which has refused to cough up 50% of the €1.5bn redress bill.

A €127m contribution was agreed under a 2001 indemnity deal agreed by then education minister Michael Woods. Further offers were made in 2009.

Mr Quinn said that the 18 religious congregations had taken a “hard nosed” approach in refusing to sign up to the 50/50 principle, despite having more than enough assets to make up the €250m shortfall.

READ NEXT VIDEO: Lucky escape as helicopter crashes into pub

“They just are refusing to make the contribution. I don’t have and I didn’t have as minister, nor does Jan O’Sullivan the current minister for education and skills, or indeed the Government, have the legal powers to compel them to pay, without repudiating the deal done by Fianna Fáil,” he told Newstalk.

The former minister said he had offered the congregations an “honourable way out” by transferring the title deeds of their schools to the Department of Education but this had been refused, as had the 50:50 principle.

Mr Quinn said Michael Woods and Bertie Ahern had been “out-manoeuvred and out-negotiated by two very, very clever nuns” in the 2001 indemnity deal.

“These were hard-nosed people. They were looking at me and my predecessor and my successor and saying ‘how long is this guy going to be around? We can out-wait them, we can outlast them’,” he said.

Mr Quinn dismissed any notion that the religious congregations would feel a moral obligation to make up the redress shortfall stating they were in the “propaganda business”.

“No they’re not. They’re in the propaganda business of propagating a particular set of values and a particular point of view. I wouldn’t like to be playing poker against them,” he said.

READ MORE Visit the section home page here

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2022   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service