The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 7127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helen.

Sorry we did not make it there. Sounds like a waste of time and money. Wonder how much caranua paid out for it. I think all the Solicitor made a good living out of us all.

We were looking at how much money was paid out to few of us. Did not make sense.

Thats what we need to know, where has it gone????

It seems that anybody but survivors get the money!  As for the solicitors and the money they got no wonder so many would never instruct a barrister to take cases to court to get justice. 

Gone on Solicitors who now live in affluent areas and probably mansions unlike most of us who live in humble abodes.  Looks like the  same thing is happening to our Caranua Trust Fund and there is sod all we can do about it but we can try.

Survivors of Institutional Abuse in Ireland march on Dail this was back in 2009 - and its still going on NOW! Nothing has changed for any of us with the exception of being abused all over again. http://www.indymedia.ie/article/92710

that is what is needed to print in large letters on a massive Bannor saying 50 50 illegal deal on REDRESS COST  is run by the Education Ministers office and the CARANUA fund of 110 MILLION will be taken also from Survivors who are without Legal Representation so the Minister can pay her Staff massive wages of over 95.000 euros plus Staff cars plus Staff expenses plus Staff health insurances plus staff family support plus staff creches costs, staff plus pensions DENIED? NO they cannot because with the wages they are getting they have to pay with those wages their OWN NEEDS with SURVIVORS COMPENSATION that is SUPPOSED to be Supporting SURVIVORS and their FAMILIES or even LACK OF FAMILIES and supposed to pay for their CHILDREN'S EDUCATION.

THE TRUTH 

The Finna Fail Fine gael and Labour Parties have take everything and ONLY BY WORDS did they APOLOGISE . FINANCIALLY they did what they do best give with one hand take with the other.

Robert  ....  Time To Get Rid Of Those Guilty Involved Political Partys For Their Crimes Against Children 

Sandra McLellan (Cork East, Sinn Fein)
Link to this:
Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

242. To ask the Minister for Education and Skills the number of survivors who have accessed Caranua to date in 2015; the length of time their funding will remain; the length of time Caranua will remain in place as an organisation; the outcome for Caranua when the fund has been exhausted; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [5212/15]

Photo of Jan O'SullivanJan O'Sullivan (Limerick City, Labour)
Link to this:
Individually | In context | Oireachtas source

Caranua, the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Board, is an independent statutory body established pursuant to the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund Act 2012 to oversee the use of the cash contributions of up to €110 million, pledged by the religious congregations, to support the needs of survivors of institutional child abuse. To date a total of €81.44 million, including €80.06m in contributions and €1.382m in associated interest has been lodged to the special Investment Account managed by the National Treasury Management Agency for the Fund.

I understand that by 31st December 2014, Caranua had made payments of some €9m to 1,062 applicants of the total number of 3,829 applications received. The 2012 Act does not include provisions for the winding-up of the body. While it is envisaged that it will be dissolved when the moneys at its disposal are expended, the precise timing cannot be predicted and accordingly it was deemed preferable to introduce amending primary legislation to dissolve the body in due course and not anticipate in advance how long it will have to do its work.

Sandra Please read Survivors who stand together on facebook who have like Rob fought for years on this way before it started the answer to your questions are there and on Industrial schools Ireland  https://www.facebook.com/industrialschools.ireland and https://www.facebook.com/groups/survivorswhostandtogether/ and the web-page Survivors who stand together

Hi Everyone the REVIEW has been done already by the Education Minister O sullivan and that Minister has REFUSED to alter anything in the CARANUA she KNOWS what we are suffering she has had TONS of EMAILS from Survivors especially myself but SHE IS REFUSING to ANSWER as ONLY ROBOT answering machines in operation  I hated it when I was told that they will not listen so i got more and more determined but to no avail. Now saying this Rob Northall and Robert Mullen tried very hard to start a pitition way back in the beginning but survivors through no fault of their own were so afraid to sign up all but a few hundred still saying that that few hundred were far more survivors than agreed to the fund as Falsly claimed and Industrial Schools Ireland on Facebook and Survivors who Stand together have Strongly researched Questioned and sent many letters and emails to the Minister and the Caranua so please read the sites on facebook you will see all the Questions raised and on here too with Rob Northall who also published daily news and Survivors who stand together set up a date and a survey for survivors to sign to agree to a Protest but the list was very short not because they did not want it but that survivors live in fear of TROUBLe and being BULLIED as we were all GAGGED by the ABUSERS

I will join......they don't bloody well scare me......very soon it will be them that want to hide x x

Lizzie x

If you live in the UK they cannot threaten you with prison x x 

Hello Robert,  I am not afraid to sign up,  the education minister is as cold as ice as is her appointed ceo of caranua.  I am not on facebook so I have no idea what questions were asked but I can imagine.  I have sent emails to the minister but only had replies via her secretary what cowards they are  but not us. Why should they threaten us with prison.

Elizabeth,

It has been said somewhere on this site that if you speak about your awards or anything else you possibly could end up doing 2 years in prison.......that is illegal even in their world x

Lizzie x x

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service