The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 7125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi To All,

I just received a call from the office of Ms. Mary Lou McDonald TD today 21 September. They are going to speak to their spokesperson for Education and write a letter to Minister Jan O’Sullivan on our behalf. Barbara

The Department Of Education And Correction?!

Regarding our issues re the Caranua fund

Hello Barbara,   it sounds like we are getting some where all be it small steps,   I only hope we dont have to wait

months to hear from the Minister.   All the time though caranua are using our money on salaries and such like.    I hope we dont wait in vain for a reply,  thanks Barbara.

Hi Elizabeth, Although it is small steps we must start somewhere and with an election year looming we may finally get a listening ear. I did explain all our issues including the salaries being paid from our money to the staff of Caranua. The lady I spoke to was going to speak to their spokesperson on education and see how we should proceed as the person with responsibilities for Caranua is the Minister for the Department of Education. I will keep you posted with any news!! regards, Barbara

Hi All, My sister was on to Caranua two days ago she had been trying to get them to call her for months, the woman she spoke to was so rude to her and it up my sister. We haven't suffered enough abuse that we must put up with more abuse from Caranua employees, that are being paid from our funds. I don't know if you are aware of all the goings on here in Ireland with political parties? I am still on my mission to get us heard by these people an election is coming so surly I will get somewhere!!!!!!!!!!! Barbara

Hi Barbara,  sorry to hear your sister has had a bad experience with these people,   how dare they treat us like this  do they think we are children without a cause  once again. No its true we over here are not aware of what is going on there, but good to hear you are not giving up because that is what they want.  Well there is a meeting of caranua and survivors,  they  are just handing out leaflets really,  its on the 21st of this month in London well I am going and have a few questions to put to them I am sure I wont be the only one.  Good luck with all your hard work. 

Hi Elizabath, My sister and I are also going on saturday. It would be lovely if we all could meet up

Hi Georgina

I am going as well and would love to meet up with you and your sister and Elizabeth

Helenx

we will have to sort something out. wear name badges or something...lol

Good thinking georgina  I have a photo on my profile so u might recognise me.

X

Hi Georgina I forgot to wear a name badge so don't know if we met yesterday at the sham meeting.  We need to make a stand about how our money is being used and I can guarantee most if it is going on salaries etc for caranua staff.  I feel we are just cash cows and the fecking solicitor I had the misfortune to instruct and act for me used me as a cash cow and the same thing is happening again.  I know a lot of survivors felt the same way about their legal representatives.  I feel they see us as CASH COWS and we have had more than our fair share of abuse and I feel it is still going on.

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service