The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 7565

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi All,

Should I be successful and obtain a meeting with Ms Mary Lou McDonald, TD would anyone be willing to meet her with me?

Barbara

I Know That  She Treats Child Sex Abuse Victims Badly. 

Hi Jack, I have had the pleasure meeting her a few times on a different issue and have found her to be a delight to talk to and a very fair lady.

Perhaps She Is Select. 

Hi Barbara I would love to meet with this lady but I live in the UK,  surely there must be some survivors who live closer and is willing to attend the meeting with you. Survivors you must not be scared to speak up and have your say about how caranua is administered,  good luck Barbara I really hope the meeting is successful.  Best wishes  Liz in Southampton. 

I have not had a reply back as yet about a meeting! However, it is very important that should we even get a meeting those of us interest in change to Caranua and the repeal of Indemnity Deal need to let our feeling known even if we cannot attend!

I will keep you all posted!

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for the post - its not a problem I am happy to meet with anyone should it help our cause!! I don't know to many people in Ireland that are survivors other than my siblings to be honest. It is so very important that people stand together and not be swayed by the government divide and conquer approach to anyone looking for their rights. 

Why were we not given an award of money which would be far more useful to us rather than have to explain to various organisations who is paying for this and that.  When I was getting glasses it was a nightmare and I could not find an optician who would accept a cheque.  It is very embarrassing to have to explain that a third party is funding the cost and they want to know all the details and look it up on the internet.

Why Indeed Helen.  Feelings As Always Not Spared.

Right from the outset I said that Survivors shouldn't have to go cap in hand! this is demeaning!

Bernadette has had a titful of this too Check Out

http://theenchantingvalley.ning.com/forum/topics/applying-for-funding

Hi Helen, I think this was part of the deal Bertie Ahearn made with the religious so they would not have to give up any of their wealth to us, as they think we are all uneducated and all have mental health issues, drug users and drunks. If you were part of the Redress and entitled to apply to the Caranua Fund you may have signed a waver and privacy clause - All of our information was to be kept private - but the disregard they have for survivors they do not care about us. You can send an email to Caranua and explain to them that some of the companies are looking for information that you are not willing to give and they need to come up with a new method of payment for you.

Hi All, Sorry its taken so long, but I did have an email back from the office of Ms. McDonald TD and they will be in contact with me in the near future!! Barbara

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2023   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service