The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 7199

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done Kathleen. It's great someone is going to do something, instead of just moaning about things. Count me in

Hi.

Regarding Cananua we have to stand Tall.

I am prepared to head this so anyone wishing to come on board let us know on Shame.Of Irealand.

Rob.

I have spoken to Albert and Mary they are in.

What I propose we do is unite.  A letter will be drafted to the Minister.

Our plans will not include any previous Group Leaders, we will start with a clean slate. 

Last year a March was organised then cancelled with out an explanation, I and others booked and paid for Plane tickets to attend. This is unacceptable therefore we will decide what we do.

Any ideas will be most welcome. 

Kathleen O'Malley."Childhood Interrupted"

Hi Kate, count me in,  at last something is happening this caranua fund has to shut down and us (Survivors) should have some good ideas about how things are run.

Hi. K, let's go all the way, if we don't they win anyway,I'm in.Michael, My brother James and My pal john.

count me in as well Kathleen

Hi kathleen. count me in also

Hi Barbara.

I take you you are coming on board?.

We now have six Survivors who wish to have their voice heard.

A pretty small % hw ever we will do what we can as it is personal to all especially us.

A letter is part drafted so will complete it to day. 

How do you  suggest we proceed with communicating to each other.  I will need Tel nos to contact you preferable land lines as I don't use mobile s taking the cost into account. Or alternatatively e mail addresses.

Kathleen.

Kathleen O'Malley.  "childhood Interrupted". 

Hello Kate,   well at last something is happening,  like I said count me in and call me when all is ready you have my landline but here it is again 01489 788983 come on Survivors we need more of you to come on board.

Hi Kathleen and other,

yes, count me in, I live in Ireland and I will give you my phone number via my email if that suits. We would need a small group to meet with the minister with the backing of all survivors, with out backing they won't listen to us. I have constant dealings with government and opposition TD's on other matters and know we can only get things changed with people power. 

Barbara

Many live too far away to come to dublin or london. It depends on health and distance. The whole funding system from the begining has been very badly organised. Groups of close friends benefted and that went on openly for years. The things thay are talking about have always been there for all. Telling survivers to contact them for education is useless to anyone who was in an industriel school as we are all too old. It doesent address needs. Health and solitude are some but education is no longer a priority or instruction.We have become an employment agancy for some hundred or so who have jobs supposed to be about helping us.

Barbara.

So far you are the only Survivor living in Ireland, yes please e mail address .

Kathleen.

Kathleen O'Malley.

Childhood Interrupted"

I live in ireland, and am available.....haven@indogo.ie

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service