The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

TO ALL SURVIVORS,

As Minister Jan O’Sullivan is new to her job, would it be at all possible that we could band together and ask the Minister to meet with a group of survivors so that we can voice our ISSUES with the Caranua program. As Caranua was developed for the survivors and because most if not all are already entitled to these services offered either by age, medical card or through social circumstance the Caranua program IS NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. Minister Quinn, did say he would review the program in 2015, the new Minister needs to review it with URGENCY NOW! We need to have an account from the Minister as to what is happening to our SURVIVORS MONEY AND BECASUE ITS OUR MONEY WE NEED TO BE KEPT INFORMAED OF SPENDING. We would like to know from Minister Jan O’Sullivan about the interest on the 110 Million and where it is being banked, also where the rental income from properties given to survivors by the religious is being banked on our behalf , and what is happening to the original 110 Million.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 6889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One day I hope you find some peace. I hope I do too.

They were savages those people. x

During all these years the number of staff working in these groups amounts to a lot of people in jobs. Some have done very well out of it. So when we try protesting we get ignored. Thier offices dont seem to be for a service for thousands. So everybody gets to go or be visited. Its never been like that.Now it seems to be office work. Giving my data to another group never to be heard of again really angers me. Where is the respect.Even getting copys of photos of our childhood stay in these places isint done. No exchange system set up. I was told that someone called L S has these photos. But i dont know her as I left Ireland a long time ago.Thay keep us in stress and keep the files for our data. Stoping all this would be better for all of us. We know how to live so just let go. Its gone on too long and most of us are too old for advice. Help when we need it not us helping to employ useless staff.

Unfortunately the March was called off.  This was our great opportunity to show the government we meant business.

This money paid by the religious is for Survivors so in fact the Government has STOLEN it by engaging a Minister and five other staff wages plus Pensions.

Why should we pay people we did not agree to employe?

This has now become a Human Rights Issue.

The monies spent so far i.e. the Presenting Pack has been a costly affair.  One of the two took 28 pages to explain how to deal with the application and a page explaining how to put it in an envelope.  Every recommendation was expressed more than once.   A child could have made a better job of it.

Do they think we are still in the Industrial school (work house) deprived of an Education. 

Surprise Surprise we have actually got on with our lives and have managed without an Advisor  to date.  where has this very careing Government been all these years.

This is an outrage and we are being treated yet again by the Government who are responsible for our initial INCARERATION. 

DON'T FORGET FRIENDS WE STILL HAVE OUR CRIMINAL RECORD IMPOSED BY THE IRISH COURTS ALL THOSE YEARS AGO.  THIS HAS  NOT BEEN EXPUNGED THOUGH REQUESTED FOR ON MANY OCCASIONS.

I DO BELIEVE PRISONERS WOULD GET LEGAL AID TO DEAL WITH THIS PROBLEM IF IT  HAPPENED IN THE U.K.

Kathleen O'Malley. "Choildhood Interrupted"

Hello Kate,  you surely do sound angry,  But I agree with you,  yes the protest was called off because someone got to people and told them they would not receive anything if it went ahead,   this is blackmail.  The money paid to caranua is ours and not theirs,  but how do we go about getting in touch with the Human Rights office. 

We as survivors should be putting our heads together to get another protest going,  or at least get in touch with the minister who took the place of Quinn.  We cannot give up now,  the fight must go on for what is rightfully ours.  Does anybody know the name of this minister's secretary,  perhaps that would be a start we need to be talking to the organ grinder not anybody else.   

Hi Pauline, who is L.S. Maybe I can help get copies of the Photos?

Hello Rob hope you and your wife are well.   Rob these caranua people are really getting up our noses,  there are a lot of survivors need help,  but I think more need financial help, as the money they are getting as salaries is ours.  Can you shed any light  as to how we go about getting another protest organised,  or how we get to see this minister who is in charge,  I believe her name is Jan O Sullivan.   If we do not do something positive the money will run away,   We all need to stand together and voice our gripes with caranua.  So come on SURVIVORS and lets stop these people getting what is ours.  Christmas is coming and it would be nice to have extra cash in our pockets.

Hello Rob. well photos from goldenbridge were in the aisleen center. I wrote to them but got no answer. I was told that Lilly smith has some. But i dont know her or dont remember her. It would be fairer to share with all of us. We dont all go to these groups but thats no reason to ignore us and our damandes. So many of us are on the outside that its cruel. If anyone from there reads this perhaps thay could send photos on here. Thanks Rob for understanding.

No problem I would be more than happy to meet with the Minster This sham has only upset a lot of survivors it's no way to treat the most vulnerable people

Is mit not time that we pull together and sort this out .

Barbara are you taking the lead on this ? if not I am happy to.

Kathleen O'Malley.  "Childhood Interrupted"

That should read ,.Is it not time etc.

Kathleen O'Malley. "Childhood Interrupted"

Hi Kathleen,

It would be great if you took the lead on this! If we could get someone to draft a letter to the minister and a group of survivors meet with her on behalf of all survivors.

Hi to all the Survivors we should be doing something more positive to stop our money running away as salaries for those people who we know nothing about,  so I am putting Kathleen O Malleys name forward to speak on our behalf to the Minister who is supposed to be looking at the caranua fund.   Kathleen has years of experience in talking to people also she is a Magistrate.  I would love to be involved in the group of  people who will meet the Minister.

RSS

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service