The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

well i have been thinking about this for a long time. I HAVE HAD NO NEWS AT ALL ABOUT MY ELDER SISTER. if anyone knows a ellen or helen jackson born in roscrea co tipperary in 1941 or 1942. it might be her .Iknow that bernados and the red cross have been unable to find her . she might live in dublin or london. . one thing about her is that she prefers big cities.Its differcult to know where to start. she would not know that i left the u k a long time ago.. i dont think she would know where to start either. but if i dont try well i will never find her . we are all living a long way away from each other so there is little chance of bumping into each other . 4 of us were condemed to the instutions thats how we lost each other

Views: 309

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Pauline, In order to have the best Chance of tracing your Sister you need a Date of Birth the following Projects might be a good place to start? If you need any more help let me know??

HERITAGE CENTRES INDEXING PROJECTS

County Tipperary probably provides the most challenge to researchers who are prepared to use the Heritage Centres.  Four separate Heritage Centres have information for Tipperary.  The Centres are principally of value for the indexing projects on church and civil records, but they also have access to a number of other sources.  See their websites for more information.

Tipperary Family History Research has indexed the Roman Catholic baptismal and marriage records for the 46 parishes in the Archdiocese of Cashel and Emly.  These include Anacarty, Ballina, Ballinahinch, Ballingarry, Ballybricken, Ballylanders, Bansha/Kilmoyler, Boherlahan, Borrisoleigh, Caherconlish, Cappamore, Cappawhite, Cashel, Clerihan, Clonoulty/Rossmore, Doon, Drangan, Drom, Emly, Fethard, Galbally, Golden, Gortnahoe, Holycross, Hospital, Kilbehenny, Kilcommon, Killenaule, Kilteely, Knockainey, Knockavilla, Knocklong, Lattin, Loughmore, Moycarkey, Mullinahone, Murroe, New Inn, Newport, Pallasgreen, Solohead, Templemore/Clonmore, Templetouhy, Thurles,Tipperary, Upperchurch. These records are otherwise closed.  The index to parish records is only available through the Tipperary Excel Centre.  These records (index and original or microfilmed parish registers) may not be viewed at any other location. 

Contact Information:, Excel Heritage Centre, Mitchell Street, Tipperary Town 

North Tipperary Genealogy and Heritage Services: has indexed the Roman Catholic parishes in Tipperary that are part of the Diocese of Killaloe.  These include Birr-Carrig, Borrisokane-Aglish, Cloghjordan-Ardcroney, Cournaganeen(Bourney), Dunkerrin-Barna, Kilbarron-Terryglass, Kyle-Knock, Lorrha-Dorrha, Monsea-Killodiernan, Nenagh, Portroe, Roscrea, Shinrone-Ballingarry, Silvermines-Ballinaclogh,Templederry-Kilnaneave,Toomevara, Youghalarra-Burgess.

Contact Information: The Governor’s House, Kickham St., Nenagh, Co. Tipperary

Website www.irish-roots.net; Email: tipperarynorthgenealogy@eircom.net

Waterford Heritage Services. has indexed the Roman Catholic records for the part of South Tipperary which is in the Diocese of Waterford and Lismore.  The Catholic Parishes include Ardfinnan, Ballylooby, Ballyneale, Ballyporeen, Cahir, Carrick-on-Suir, Clogheen, Kilsheelan, Newcastle, Powerstown, SS. Peter & Paul Clonmel, St. Mary's Clonmel.

Contact Information: St. Patrick's Church, Jenkin's Lane, Waterford

Bru Boru Heritage Centre: has indexed civil records for Births, Deaths and Marriages from 1864 -1921 for the following parishes: Ardfinnan, Ballingarry, Bansha, Cahir, Cappawhite, Cashel, Clonmel, Clogheen, Emly, Fethard, Garrangibbon,Golden, Kilcooley, Killenaule, Kilpatrick, Kiltinan, Kilsheelan, Marlfield, Mullinahone, Tipperary, Tullamaine.

Contact Information: Rock of Cashel, Cashel, Co. Tipperary

source - http://home.netcom.com/~megrogan/irishgenealogyresearch/id8.html

In order to use www.irish-roots.net you have to register first! Registration is free!

it was criminal of the state to seperate siblings.
There were 4 of us taken to court. i was six years old at that time and did not see my two brothers untill many years later. our only shared memories are so blurry that its differcult to relate to them at all . i dont know them. two grown men came back who had been small children. my younger brother was lying in a policewomans arms. we dont have memories of xmases or birthdays or holidays and we cant fill up this empty family contact.So how can we get our lives sorted out.What can we put where our childhood memories should be. all we knew was fear. and the lack of all we dident learn makes us seem as rude if we do talk about them. so its terrable to lose siblings who might understand us .

exactly what nazis do to children / familys. i too seek to find relations. salvation army not interested if mother was not married. both the London Irish Center and Barnardos offer a tracing service. children should not be in court! court is no place for a child!  sounds like they sought to criminalize. also to "justify" their child abuse actions. no question about it. seperation of siblings is a human rights violation and child abuse. which political party was in power at the time?  which political party was in opposition at the time? i read in what i call skeleton file years later a social worker who suggested i stand back and let her instead find my father had met him at least twice. she did not tell me. she met him with an after 'care' worker who is a solicitor. neither told me. note in skeleton file says "jackie must not be told". approached ie socialworker's union by email twice seeking assistance with finding that bloody social worker but met a wall. the biggest paedophiles are at the very top in the system and not at all civil in service!  the solicitor (not sure if he was one then) appears to be suffering from memory loss. says he remembers any parents he met and denied meeting my father. yet another guilty person who wanted my 'care'   'file'  .. wanted more advantage over me. in that skeleton file there was mention of a boy. a son. if my father is deceased since i want to meet my brother. my father has extremely common christian and surname!  i bitterly regret falling for that social worker's suggestion that i stand back while she finds my father. i had already found my mother and her side of the family all by myself and i was more than capable of finding my father who was from the same area!  i just did not go beyond tentative inquiries. mind my 'carers' took off their mask and their aggression naked (undisguised) once i had met found my mother and her side of the family age 16. they had already ruined my education and made sure i never did my leaving cert. yes i was forced out of Ireland by paedophiles.

14 years ago I went to Barnardos in Cork and Dublin and gave them all the detail's of my missing sister I heard NOTHING BACK from them , I went to the Salvation Army they couldn't find her , a Private tracing service came up with 120 people of the same name which I wrote to every one of them, No Luck there  either, ,I registered with The  Missing Persons  Office in London  their  main office many years ago ,,,So   7 Months ago I decided to ring the outreach services for Survivors at the London Irish Centre and again they asked me for my detail's and my sisters detail's, AGAIN I HAVE NOT HEARD A WORD BACK FROM THEM. >I got the feeling they are just not interested except having our detail's ,I expect it helps with the more names on their lists for their funding   So much for them helping trace missing siblings. It's like she was never born I have a feeling she may be somewhere In Ireland . WHERE??????

"I got the feeling they are just not interested except having our detail's"

that rings a bell!

would not want to waste your time and energy but where to begin?  sometimes the answer is "where i am here right now" (the place to begin).

Jackson Family Tree.from Ireland - Genealogy Wise

Doctor Rosaleen Rogers posted a blog post

Finding Helen Jackson Roscrea

Hope this helps?

when i opened the message i thought of 2 sisters but i guess Pauline and Geraldine are not related. 

We are sisters. We have lived in different countrys nearly all our lives But we have been in touch now. You know when we left the institutions we had to care for ourselves. Once separated it takes time to get to know or trust anyone.I have two brothers too but we lost touch many years ago. Thay were in artane. Broken people having to compete in a cloud of ignorance. Learning as we go but without the codes of societie.

hello Pauline!  that is what i thought!  then i was thrown by the mention now of Helen! i absolutely love and appreciate your amazingly clear messages!  are you going to write a book?

Thanks Jack. Well as for writing a book i wouldnt know how to I think that most of us are walking around with an invisable L sign on our foreheads. So many things that had to be unlearned then trying alone to catch up with normal people. Who dont know what it is like to be without thier experence in childhood . So writing here gives me more than all the groups put together. Having the same experience understanding that its not for pity but understanding helps a lot. Gives a bit of air to my thoughts.

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

Birthdays

Birthdays Today

Birthdays Tomorrow

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2019   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service