The Shame of Ireland

The Shame of Ireland

From Facebook Shared with Permission!

Can We get this Message Out there?

Industrial Schools Ireland
8 hrs ·

AS PROMISED EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE YOUR FUND YOUR MONEY YOUR DECISION
Hello Everyone
I am sorry to be sending out a general email. I am short of time and I wanted to let as many people know as possible.
Clare Daly TD is asking for a change in the law governing Caranua and this Thursday, Thursday 2 March in the Dail at 6 pm (time is approximate for the time being ) in the Dail her proposal will be debated for the first time.
The title of her bill is the Residential Institutions Statutory Fund (Amendment) Bill 2016. You can google the title to read the bill in full.
In a nutshell Clare is hoping to change the Act so that more people can apply to the scheme and that everyone is allowed to claim for such things as funeral costs, that survivors children can claim for educational course fees and more help with housing costs. She also wants Caranua to have to process claims within 28 days.
I expect there will also be a discussion about Caranua. I will be going to listen and Clare very much welcomes survivors coming along to listen (and hopefully support) the debate.
If you would like to be there let me know. As Clare has to know in advance to make sure your name is down if anyone is interested can you let me know as soon as possible.
Also the time of the debate is subject to change so anyone who confirms that they wish to be there will be kept informed of any changes to the time.
Best wishes
Fionna

Views: 370

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shared On Twitter.

shared on facebook

I would love to be there but circumstances wont allow, lets hope Clare puts forward a good case for us as no one else do not give a damn.

Loads Hope CD Gets

RSS

About

Rob Northall created this Ning Network.

CLICK TO FOLLOW SHAME OF IRELAND ON TWITTER

This is a Private Site

Membership is drawn from Survivors of the Irish Industrial School System their Family and Friends. Survivors of the Magdalene Laundries their Families and Friends are welcome too!

Others can follow on Twitter by Clicking the Button Bellow

Follow ShameOfIreland on Twitter

Follow on FACE BOOK by Clicking <HERE>

Please Like this FACE BOOK Page?

Photos

• Add Photos

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Rob Northall.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service